The Ten Commandments—Cowboy Style
USA Today, in its 3/10/03 edition, had a large article on two cowboy churches in Texas. They printed the Cowboy's Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas. Maybe if we all used these instead of the one with all the "shalt nots" in it, we could probably understand and live up to them a lot better!
(1) Just one God
(2) Honor yer Ma and Pa
(3) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(4) Git yerself to Sabbath meetin'
(5) Put nothin' before God
(6) No foolin' around with another feller's gal
(7) No killin'
(8) Watch yer mouth
(9) Don't take what ain't yers
(10) Don't be hankerin' fer yer buddy's stuff
Guess cowboys just kinda tell it like it is!
Y'all have a good day
now... ya' heah?
[Home] [Back to Site Index]